- To arrange the movement of 12 x 40’ containers of educational printed matter from UK to Lusaka, Zambia.
- All containers shipped as ‘one’ movement and under security requirements at all times.
- Avoid Border crossings kept to the minimum to avoid delays
- Delivery window of 10 days, where by all containers must be delivered.
- Early collection and storage required due to space problem at shipper’s premises.
Solution for Customer
- JAG-UFS to plan and arranged the most conducive route, avoiding possible cross border delays and taking in consideration the fact that all 12 containers had to be shipped and moved as one convoy.
- JAG-UFS worked closely with the shipping Line and our partner in Namibia, as it was decided that the route would take from customers premises to a scure storage depot
- The containers were then shipped to Antwerp for loading onto vessel sailing for Walvis Bay, Namibia.
- Once arrived in Namibia and discharged and containers checked.
- Then a convoy of all 12 containers left the port bound for Lusaka, a 1050 mile journey which took 6 days.
- JAG-UFS arranged security on the road journey together with each overnight stop.
- All 12 containers securely delivered ‘on site’ to consignee within the delivery window and all cargo arrived intact.
- POD’s issued within 24 hours of containers being discharged to enable customer to obtain balance of payment.