- Our customer provides staging and production equipment for major TV shows. Our customer approached us with a project which was running to very tight deadlines.
- The materials were being manufactured in Shenzhen, China and the final delivery point was to mainland Europe.
- Our customer needed to pay all duties and taxes in UK prior to final delivery to destination.
- Then the shipment needed to be delivered with deadline for a major television production.
Solution for Customer
- Our London Heathrow office liaised with our Shenzhen office and discussed the ready dates and possible options to arrival London Heathrow.
- Knowing there are no direct flights from Shenzhen to London we prepared two options for the customer.
- Firstly a deferred flight option with departure dates, estimated arrival days. This was a cheaper option but due to the urgency another option was given.
- Secondly, transferring the shipment to Hong Kong on a dedicated vehicle and sending on a direct flight, saving more than two days on arrival compared to deferred flight.
- Once customer confirmed which service was required, we planned a dedicated truck to be at our premises on the day of arrival, to take direct to Europe.
- On arrival into UK, as we have our own customs ERTS warehouse, we immediately transferred the shipment to our warehouse and customs cleared the consignment whilst in our possession of cargo to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Communication with our customer is vital, at every stage of the process JAG UFS communicated with our customer, which allowed them to arrange their team of engineers to meet the shipment at destination.
- The shipment arrived on time
- Customs Clearance within 30 minutes.
- Goods loaded onto dedicated truck and arrived at the TV Studios in Europe the day before deadline and met the customer’s engineers the following morning.
- All goods delivered within deadline.